- Camping is first-come / first-serve.
- Trailers and Van Campers must be registered with us in advance. No on-site registration. You will be asked to show proof of registration.
- You can't park at your campsite; unload your camping gear and go park in a designated parking area.
- Once you have claimed your site, go to the general store and indicate where you are located.
CANNABIS IS NOT PERMITTED
Marijuana is not permitted at Camp Wente. If you are caught with it, you may be asked to leave. BSA follows Federal law which on private property supersedes California law. It's weird, we admit, but them's the rules.
QUIET HOURS: 10 pm - 7 am
Fun is typically associated with loudness. People (and blow-up dinosaurs) tend to argue that "too much fun" is an urban legend that is used by some to restrict the debauchery of others. In reality, at least at Wente, "too much fun" is a very real thing and is typically had at the expense of others who paid for at least some reasonable level of respect for sleep. For this reason, "fun" after 10:00 pm is restricted to fun that others cannot hear. And it is a hard rule -- At 10:00 pm, loudness will be considered grounds for banishment. We will enforce this.
NO GLASS AT WATERFRONT
ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS IS ALLOWED NEAR THE WATER. The entire waterfront area is off-limits for glass of any kind because people walk barefoot in this area.
NO DOGS ALLOWED
Dogs are no longer allowed at Wente. We are sorry. There are no exceptions to this rule. Period. There have been too many incidents in the first three years related to dogs and their owners. Unfortunately, this rule applies to everyone, even if your dog is perfect in every way.
- Fire is not permitted outside of official, pre-existing campfire rings that belong to the camp.
- Personal campfire rings are not permitted.
- 🔔There is a fire bell near the lake. If there is an uncontrolled fire, RING THE BELL.
Parking at Wente can be a challenge, so we want to do it right. Here are the rules as they relate to parking.
- You must park in designated parking areas only. They will be marked. Do not park where you see tape.
- You can't park (or camp) by the bike program test ride loop.
- You can't park at your campsite (unless you have reserved your RV spot or Van Camp spot).
- There is a $40 vehicle fee (cash only) per vehicle for any vehicle transporting non racers only, so carpool, and with a racer if you can!
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE
- DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY. Arrival starts at 10:00am on Friday. Do not arrive before this time.
- DO NOT EXCEED 10 MILES PER HOUR. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. IT IS SLOW!!! YOU WILL BE YELLED AT AND HAVE THINGS THROWN AT YOUR CAR IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE. THERE ARE KIDS RUNNING AROUND, BIKES EVERYWHERE, AND THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRIVING FASTER THAN 10MPH AT WENTE.
- You may not arrive during the race start, and you may not depart until the race has wound down at 3:00 pm on Saturday.
- You may hang out until Sunday afternoon. Then, you gots to go.
- All racers start together at 8:00 am Saturday.
- On lap 1, all riders' lap times start at 8:00 am, and conclude when you pass through the finish arch.
- For teams, a rider's lap time begins when their teammate completes their lap.
- You may start a lap up until 4:00 pm.
- Laps must be completed by 5:00 pm, when timing stops.
- Being mean or unfair to others will get you disqualified.
REFUNDS / TRANSFERS
We do not offer refunds or deferrals. However, transfers to another participant are available for a fee should you find yourself unable to attend. Transfers open four weeks prior to the event.